In the following Privacy Statement, we would like to inform you about the extent and use made of your personal data, which we collect and process in connection with the operation of our website. In addition, we inform you of the purpose for which we collect and process your data and the privacy rights you have under the European Data Protection Regulation.
1. Name and contact details of the Data Controller responsible for data processing and of the Data Protection Officer
A.B.S. Factoring AG (also ABS), Huobstrasse 3, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ Switzerland
Telephone: +41 55 556 40 00; Fax: +41 55 556 40 01, e-mail: email@example.com
The Data Protection Officer can be reached using the above-mentioned contact details and also directly at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Collection and storage of personal data and the nature and purpose of the use made of it
2.1. When accessing our website
Whenever you access the web address www.abs-factoring.ch as well as other URLs linked to this domain (hereafter: the website), the browser used on your device automatically sends data to our website’s server. This data is stored temporarily in a so called “log file”. The following information is recorded without any action on your part and is stored until it is deleted automatically:
- IP address of the accessing computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access was carried out (referrer URL),
- Browser used and, if necessary, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data mentioned is processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring smooth connection to our website,
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability as well as for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our justified interest derives from the data collection purposes listed above. Under no circumstances do we ever use the data collected to draw any conclusions about your person.
Data is stored within the cookie itself, whereby in each case this data results from the connection made with the specific terminal used. However, this does not mean that we immediately become aware of your identity.
Furthermore, in order to improve usability, we also use temporary cookies, which will then be stored on your device for a specified period of time. If you visit our website again to make use of any of our services, this type of cookie will automatically recognize that you have been with us before and will also recognise the inputs and settings you have made, so that you will not need to re-enter them.
The data processed by cookies is required for the purposes mentioned and to safeguard our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties in relation to the technically error-free and optimized provision of third-party services under Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser, either so that no cookies are stored on your computer or else so that a notice appears on-screen before any new cookies are created. However, disabling cookies completely may mean that you will not be able to use all of our website’s features.
2.1.2 Analysis / tracking tools
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, US, hereafter “Google”) for the purpose of tailoring and continually optimizing our website. In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see point 4) are used. The data generated by the cookie about your use of this website, such as
- Browser type / version,
- operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of server request,
will be transmitted to a Google server in the US and stored there. The data is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and Internet usage for the purposes of market research and designing these websites in accordance with the relevant requirements. This data may also be transferred to third parties, if required by law or if third parties process the data on behalf of third parties. In no case will your IP address be linked with any other data from Google. The IP addresses are anonymized, so that it is not possible to allocate them to an individual (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting the browser software accordingly; however, we would point out that in this case not all of this website’s features may be used to the full extent.
In addition, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and you can also prevent the processing of this data by Google; you do this by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
For more information about privacy in relation to Google Analytics, see the Google Analytics Help Center (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
2.1.3. Links and plug-ins
220.127.116.11 Social Media Buttons
In order to enable the sharing of the content of our blog posts via social networks, we provide what are known as “Social Media Buttons”. For this we use the “c’t Shariff” solution, which provides privacy-compliant social media buttons.
The buttons provided directly by the operators of social networks unlawfully transmit personal data such as an IP address or entire cookies whenever a website in which they are integrated is loaded. In this way, they supply unsolicited information about your online behaviour to the social networks concerned. You do not even have to be logged in or be a member of the relevant network. In contrast, a Shariff button does not create any direct contact between the social network and visitors until the latter actively clicks on the share button. Thus, Shariff prevents you from leaving a digital trail on every page you visit and improves your privacy. By using Shariff, we can protect your personal data while still integrating buttons for the purpose of sharing content on social networks.
For more information on c’t Shariff, see:
We feature buttons on our website for the following services / companies: Xing and LinkedIn
18.104.22.168 Google Maps
Our company uses certain XING network functionality. This is supplied by XING AG, Dammtorstrasse 29-32, 20354 Hamburg, Germany. Whenever the Xing Web link is accessed on our website, it will create a connection to Xing’s servers. We do not carry out any storage of personal data.
Our company uses certain LinkedIn network functionalities. This is supplied by LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland. Whenever the LinkedIn web link is accessed on our website, it will create a connection to LinkedIn’s servers. At this time we do not carry out any storage of personal data.
For more privacy information, see the LinkedIn Privacy Statement at https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
Our website uses plug-ins from the Google-operated website YouTube. The operator of this website is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, US. If you visit any of our pages that feature a YouTube plug-in, you will be connected to YouTube’s servers. During this process, the YouTube server is informed regarding the specific pages of ours that you have visited.
If you are logged into your YouTube account, you permit YouTube to allocate your surfing behaviour to your personal profile directly. You can prevent this from happening by logging out of your YouTube account.
For more information on how user data is handled, please see YouTube’s Privacy Statement at https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
2.2. Using our contact form
If you have questions of any kind, we are pleased to offer you the opportunity to get in touch with us using a form featured on our website. You will need to provide your first and last name as well as a valid e-mail address; and, optionally, your telephone number, so that we know who the query came from and can respond either by telephone or e-mail. It is not necessary to supply any further data.
Selecting the call-back function (also included in the “Contact” menu), enables you to arrange a call-back from us. So that the issue can be assigned to you and also so that we can contact you by telephone, you will need to state your first and last name, your company name and your telephone number. It is not necessary to supply any further data. However, you can specify a desired call-back date and time as well as the subject to be discussed during the call.
The processing of any data connected with getting in touch with us or through us is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR and is based on your consent, which must be granted voluntarily. The personal data collected by us for use with the contact form or call-back form will be deleted automatically once your query has been dealt with.
2.3. When using our customer portal
ABS uses the “CleanTalk” service, which protects the website from spam and unwanted requests. The use of this service is based on our legitimate interests within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) of the German Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO).
For security reasons and as protection against spam, your data is processed in the CleanTalk Cloud Service and stored in log files for a maximum of 45 days. After expiry of the aforementioned period, this data will be completely deleted. CleanTalk may use information about the spam activity of IP or email addresses to provide appropriate anti-spam protection to all websites connected to its service.
3. Disclosure of data
Your personal data is never transferred to third parties for any purposes other than those listed below. We will only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- You have given your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR.
- To do so is legally permitted and is necessary under Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR in order to implement certain contractual relationships with you (e.g. postal / parcel services, payment processing), as well as
- in the event that disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR is a legal obligation or
- disclosure is necessary pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR in order to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, including against contract partners, or to carry out constant analysis and improvement of our offer as well as to maintain the attractiveness of our offer (e.g. maintenance of customer lists, analysis of databases, advertising measures, provide modern technical solutions) and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data.
Where we make use of the services of third parties as Data Processors within the meaning of the GDPR for our processing operations, we maintain the necessary contractual relationships within the meaning of Art. 28 GDPR with them.
Data will only be transferred to third parties in countries outside the EU (third countries) if and to the extent you have consented to this or if we have a legitimate overriding interest to do so. If such data transfer occurs, we will contractually ensure that the processors observe a level of data protection/privacy equivalent to that of the European Union in accordance with the adequacy decisions of the European Commission.
4. Rights affected
You have the right under Art. 15 GDPR to demand information about your personal data pertaining to you that we process. In particular, you can demand information on the purposes behind any processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right of rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or objection, the existence of a right to complain, the source of your data, if not collected from us, and the existence of any automated decision-making processes including profiling and, where appropriate, significant detailed information concerning these processes;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR to demand the immediate correction of any incorrect personal data or the immediate completion of any personal data we store;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR to demand the deletion of any of your personal data we store, except where its processing is necessary in order to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, to meet a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR to demand that the processing of your personal data should be restricted, insofar the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful but you reject to permit the deletion of data; and we no longer use the data, whereas you need it in order to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR to obtain your personal data, which you originally supplied to us, in a structured, common and machine-readable format or else to request its transfer to another Data Controller;
- pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR to revoke the consent you once granted to us, at any time. This will mean that we will no longer be permitted to continue the data processing that was based on this consent, in the future;
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or work or our company’s head office.
5. Right of Objection
If your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to lodge an objection against the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, provided there are reasons to do so arising from your particular situation or else if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without any particular situation needing to be specified. If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
6. Data Security
We use the popular SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method during your visit to our website, in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. If any individual page of our website is transmitted encrypted, this is indicated by the key or lock icon being shown as locked in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also take appropriate technical and organizational security measures, in order to protect your data from accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties (e.g. using a firewall system). Our security measures are subject to continuous improvement in line with technological developments.
7. Current status of and changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is currently valid; its latest version is that of November 2018.
As a result of the further development of our website and any offerings contained thereon or due to changed legal or regulatory requirements, it may be necessary to amend this Privacy Statement. The current Privacy Statement can be viewed and printed out at any time on our website at https://www.abs-factoring.ch/en/privacy-policy.